1. Your laundry consists of a pile of socks and underwear, since you’ve been wearing scrubs six days out of the week.
2. Every time you hear a beeping noise of any kind, you immediately leap to your feet and start looking for your pager.
3. You are torn between desperately, desperately wanting coffee, and desperately, desperately nervous about having to pee while in the OR.
4. At least 50% of your meals consist of granola or energy bars that you cram into your mouth between rounding and surgeries.
5. On an especially early morning, a patient in alcohol withdrawal tells you that you “look like crap.” (Thank you for that one, sir.)
6. You wonder why you’re so hungry at 10am, and then you realize that it’s because you ate that granola bar at 4:10am.
7. When recalling an event that happened yesterday, you mistakenly think it was two days ago, because you’ve been at the hospital for so long during the interval that you think it can’t possibly have just happened yesterday.
8. You’re shocked to see someone else arriving at the hospital as … view full post »